Tuesday, January 20, 2009

what do i need to know at 30?

Can I ask you a question? Is there anything that those of you who have saw 30 already can offer me in the arena of advice?

I turned 30 on Saturday, and unlike many other people (from my observation), I don't really mind. Truth be told, I am excited- NO, ECSTATIC!!! I don't know exactly why I feel so giddy at this particular age. Perhaps its the prospect of a new decade- 10 plus years have gone by since my entrance into adulthood, and there are many lessons I learned along the way. The most important- or relevant (besides the actual Gospel)- is LEARN FROM OTHERS!!!

So many people told me back then, "Don't do this or do that...learn form my mistakes...if only I had known and had the chances you have..." Unfortunately, I rarely listened then and I filed to learn without experiencing first hand the tragedy of rebellion. I wish I could even claim ignorance, but I was well informed.


But, "The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning" (Lamentations 22-23). So, I know that I can start fresh, not just this new decade, but everyday. I do think, however, that I have finally learned through God's word that it is good to have counsel. So, I am beseeching anyone who has reached this milestone themselves...LET ME LEARN FROM YOU!! PLEASE!! I am aware of my own foolishness, so I need help to be wiser.... or, is it more wise.??

So I leave you with this question:

From your own experiences, what can you teach me for this new season of life??

30 is gonna ROCK!! woohoo!!

1 comment:

~M said...

Can I ask YOU a question?

-What things have YOU learned in your 20s that you can apply to your 30s?

-What things can you do different?